Q: Back brake light/ tail lights not working properly

I have a 1997 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. My back brake lights were coming on when I pressed on the brake pedal as they should ( but) they but about time I would come to a complete stop they would go out, it's like they would only come on by tapping them but pressing they would go out. I changed the switch out a couple of months ago and I thought it was working perfectly and then on my way to work one morning someone told me I had no brake lights. I thought I would go to the Chevrolet dealer to buy a acdelco switch. I thought it would make a difference but it's the same 🙄🙄 it just stays on a little longer but once I come to complete stop it goes out also. The switch is not loose and the clamp is on tight. I am lost ! It does seem like my brake are very soft. I have changed my master cylinder and brake booster out prior to this. My brakes are soft and I have been reading that is a problem with this year truck. Can someone help me please??

Hello. The brake lights are controlled by stoplight switch, contacted by the pedal. If they are cutting off after coming to a complete stop then that may be a sign that there is an issue with the switch, circuit, or the pedal. If the switch was recently replaced, then I would check the wiring and connector to both the switch, and the brake lights. A continuity and resistance test would determine if there is an issue between the switch and bulbs. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the exact cause of the stop light malfunctions.

3. Back brake light/ tail lights not working properly