Q: Overheated and engine knock

asked by on March 18, 2018

Hi I owe this car for awhile now and it overheated because my radiator went out and I took it to the mechanics to get it fixed and I did however these mechanics are the type of people to rip someone off and said I needed a new engine because it rattles now they aid it was caused by too much oil being in the oil pan now my car makes a loud rattle noise when its starts up to when it drives what is the problem ?

If your car has almost a quarter million miles on it it is quite plausible that it needs an engine replacement, Especially if it has been overheated. While it’s possible to damage an engine by driving it with too much oil in the crankcase, that may not be the whole story. If you don’t trust the guys who are looking at your car, you can get a second opinion by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your knocking Nissan and let you know what are your best next steps.