I have a high pitched squeal when i accelerate, gets wors...

Q: I have a high pitched squeal when i accelerate, gets worse as rpm raises, new water pump and timing belt

asked by on September 13, 2017

I have a loud squeal when accelerating into the high rpms at start up, but as the engibe warms up the squeal starts the moment i touch the throttle, new water pump and timing belt. Ran the car with out the serpentine belt and it still squeals. Could it be improper tension on the timing belt?

It’s possible that the water pump that was installed is faulty. The best way to determine this is to use a mechanic’s stethoscope and use it on different areas of the engine to determine where the sound is coming from. If the sound is coming from near the water pump area it is likely that this is true. If this is the case I would recommend having the water pump replaced again.