Q: Car ride is bumpy

When I drive, the ride is bumpy and there is a noise at the rear passenger's side window. It looks like the spring is broken.

Hello there. I will be happy to assist you. A classic sign of a broken strut spring is a very bumpy ride. As you know vehicles are very heavy and roads have bumps and are not paved straight. The heavy weight of the vehicles combined with a bumpy roadways may result in a very uncomfortable and noisy ride. So the automotive engineers designed a "cushion" for the vehicle to absorb the shock of roadway bumps, known as a strut. The strut is a pressurized gas cartridge with a spring that wraps around the cartridge. If the gas cartridge leaks or the spring breaks a bumpy and possibly noisy ride will occur. I also suspect that the window noise is being caused by the excessive vibrations caused by the blown strut. I suggest having the steering system evaluated by a technician, such as one from YourMechanic.