Q: Why does a crackling , popping sound come from my vents when I turn on the account or heat .

Ctackling sound comes from the vents when I turn on the account or heat . As long as it body or window it make it

When you command air conditioning or heat there are mode doors that direct the airflow to the requested place. Positions are floor, windshield, vent /floor, and defrost/floor. The doors move in a housing that has a tight fit. These doors can warp causing this condition.

Another possible cause could be the electronic actuators that move the doors. They have electric motors and gears to perform this action which can create this condition. This would have to be evaluated in person.

If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the issue with your A/C firsthand.

3. Why does a crackling , popping sound come from my vents when I turn on the account or heat .