Q: I am thinking of purchasing a 2010 Porsche Panamerica, what are the costs of the 100,000 mi. tune up and anything else you think m

I am thinking of purchasing a 2010 Porsche Panamerica, what are the costs of the 100,000 mi. tune up and anything else you think might become an issue. Thanks, Howard

The complete maintenance schedule for your vehicle is posted at this link. 100,000 miles is not a standard interval and much of the maintenance has much more frequent intervals. If possible, attempt to obtain the complete vehicle history of service records. If you can obtain that data, you can simple compare the specified maintenance with whatever has already been performed and purchase only the omitted items. If you cannot obtain any vehicle history, what I would suggest is change the brake fluid, transmission fluid, engine oil and filter, and install new spark plugs. ALL other items should be reviewed as well. To obtain the exact cost of these maintenance services, please use YourMechanic’s global services page. At that page, jut click on the desired service and once you enter your vehicle data, you will receive the requested price quote.

With regard to your question about "other costs", inasmuch as used car repair, maintenance, and restoration costs are highly dependent on the actual, as found, condition of the vehicle, the only way to get a reasonably precise estimate of the total costs you might face, and also to protect yourself in the transaction, is to request a pre-purchase vehicle inspection. That inspection, carried out by a certified Mechanic, dispatched to your location, will give you the exact data that you need to make a fully informed, intelligent decision and minimize your risk in buying a used car. If you look at the just cited link for YourMechanic’s inspection service, you will see a long list of the vehicle systems that must be inspected as well as details of YourMechanic’s inspection methodology. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I am thinking of purchasing a 2010 Porsche Panamerica, what are the costs of the 100,000 mi. tune up and anything else you think m