Q: I hit a pothole and my heat and ac went out, how can i fix it

asked by on February 19, 2018

I hit a pothole and my the ac & the heat went out

Heater is not working Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

If the issue is no air flow because the blower motor does not circulate air, whether hot or cold air, the jarring hit from the pothole might have somehow caused an electrical fault. If the car hit that hard, be sure to check your tires, wheels, and alignment by the way. Basically, if the blower motor doesn’t work, the circuit is traced to pinpoint the fault and, as part of that tracing, the blower motor itself is directly tested to see if it has an open in the motor windings. On the other hand, if the blower is working and blowing air, but your issue is the air is not heated or cooled, as commanded by your operation of the dash controls, the problem could be in the heater control valve, blend doors, or A/C system. In your circumstance, if you want to get this promptly diagnosed and then repaired right at your location, what you can do is request a non functioning cabin heater diagnostic and the responding mechanic will diagnose and resolve both issues (A/C and heat). If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr