Q: Steering/Axle noise?

My issue began with clicking/grinding noise when turning in either direction. Now the vehicle steering sways while driving straight. I'm not sure how to tell if this is the cv axle or rack and pinion. There isn't any damage or openings in the cv axle boots to allow grease to escape or for dirt and such to get in. Would I just have to pull these parts to tell if they are bad. And after pulling them how would I tell if they are bad?

This is a common sign of a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the wheels. The CV joint is packed with a special grease and sealed tight with the rubber or plastic boot, that is held in place with two clamps. The most common problem with the CV joints is when the protective boot cracks or gets damaged. Once this happens, the grease comes out and moisture and dirt get in, causing the CV joint to wear faster and eventually fail due to lack of lubrication and corrosion. When the CV joint becomes damaged or worn, you may hear a clicking or popping sound coming from this area. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your CV joints.