Q: Throttle body position is at 40% at idle and I just replaced tbs

I was going to replace fuel injectors and decided not to, I took the injectors out but left them on fuel rail. I decided not to replace them and put every th in back in place. After I did that, it now idles at 2000rpm and I can accelerate to 40 mph without even touching the accelerator. I just replaced the tbs and it is still doing it. Put a scanner up to it and it reads the throttle is at 40%. Please help

A: You need to check the throttle plates and s...

You need to check the throttle plates and see if they look like they are open without touching the gas pedal. If they are, then disconnect the throttle cable and see if the plates close. If it closes, then you have a problem with the throttle cable not having been put back on correctly, or the pedal at the cable connection needs to be looked at for being out of position.

If the throttle body plates stay open even after the cable is disconnected, then you may have put the TPS on wrong and need to remove it and see if the plates close. If it still stays open, then the throttle body may be binding and needs to be replaced.

I recommend calling a mechanic to come look at it for you, starting with an inspection of your high idle condition.