Q: Engine starts to sputter at around 2k rpm when at normal operating temperature.

I Recently started having issues with my engine sputtering sometimes to the point of stalling. This only happens while in normal driving mode, and at normal operating temperature. Runs fine unless my RPM is atound 2k. If the engine is cold it runs fine. When hitting 2k RPM, it feels like it's trying to shift, but sometimes ends up killing the engine. I'm not sure where to start on diagnosing the problem. Thanks for your assistance.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a bad oxygen sensor. As you may know, when the engine is cold there is more fuel supplied to the motor that is gradually trimmed out as the engine warms up. If the oxygen sensor is not working properly, this will cause an inaccurate reading to be supplied to the computer resulting in incorrect fuel mixture adjustments. This can cause stalling, erratic idling and hesitation when trying to accelerate as you describe. You should also have a check engine light on as well that would indicate this type of problem. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle.

3. Engine starts to sputter at around 2k rpm when at normal operating temperature.