Q: TCS, ABS, and battery lights popped on. Car won't pick up speed. What's wrong with it?

My car was running fine and all of a sudden the TCS off light came on, the battery light, and the abs light. It won't go past 5 miles per hour. It has never done this before. What could it be?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. I recommend c...

Hello, thanks for writing in. I recommend checking for voltage regulator problems - specifically over-voltage (more than 14.5v with the engine running). If this is the case, replace the alternator/voltage regulator assembly. Over-voltage on this model causes the engine management to go into severe limp mode, presumably to protect all the electronics from being damaged. I would recommend having diagnose this issue, provide an accurate assessment of damage, and estimate the cost of repairs. can dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location for diagnosis and repairs.