Q: EPS light came on

After I changed a flexible coupling in the motor of the power steering, two week later the light EPS came on all the time with the Chk Eng. The Chk Eng light after 2 day turn off but the EPS light still on. If a take out the battery and put it back the engine start with the rpm going up and down, but if i turn off and on again the rpm keep a regular position. The wheels after i turn off the engine still light to move like when the car is on, Could be the power steering pressure switch

A: There is a problem with the logic which tur...

There is a problem with the logic which turns on the EPS dash light for your Forte, which is addressed with Kia Technical Service Bulletin TSB-10044130-2564. Check with your Kia dealer service center for this software update per this TSB. The new logic should eliminate "false positive" EPS light occurrences. They can also check the PS pressure switch at the same time. If you’d like a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come diagnose the warning light firsthand and suggest what to do from there. Best of luck.