Q: im getting error codes P0121, P0700, P1516, P2135 when scanned on my 2007 chevy equinox. Randomly loosing engine power due to sta

My car randomly starts to feel like it is misfiring and starts puttering then the "Stabilitrak off" light comes on the dash interchanging with "Service Traction Control" and " engine power reduced" If I turn the car off for a few minutes it turns back on normally and has none of these issues. I could go days without it happening again and then it will happen.

Live in the northeast and this started during the cold winter Snowy months (not sure if related). It also started happening after I had my battery and headlight replaced (not sure if related). And the car sometimes shakes when accelerating (but I need an alignment-not sure if related)

I'm wondering if this is a major fix approximate cost and if it is how serious, is it something I need fixed right away or can my car handle not being fixed for a little while (I don't have a lot of money)

Let me start with the fault codes. P0121 - Throttle Position Sensor Circuit. P0700 - Transmission Control System Malfunction. P1516 - Throttle Actuator Control. P2135 - Throttle Position Sensor Circuit. The fact that there is only 1 transmission code and not multiple ones, leads me to believe the problem is from one of the other codes that is triggering multiple codes. New vehicles are drive-by-wire. There is no longer a mechanical connection from the gas pedal to the engine. It is all managed by sensors and switches. For example, there is a sensor on the gas pedal that tells the engine control unit how far you have pressed the gas pedal. The ecu then tells the throttle actuator how far you have pressed the gas pedal and opens the throttle in the corresponding amount. Proper signals and readings between these sensors is crucial. The traction and stability control systems rely heavily on them. When the wheel speed sensors detect that any wheel is spinning or sliding sideways, the traction and stability control systems can apply braking to any or all wheels and even cut engine power by reducing the throttle input even if you have your foot to the floor. With 2 throttle position sensor circuit codes present, it may be a faulty throttle position sensor. With these codes present, the traction and stability systems cannot perform as they are designed and will not react in emergency situations. Have a certified technician look into why the StabiliTrak and traction control lights are on to find the exact cause and return the vehicle to a safe operating condition.

3. im getting error codes P0121, P0700, P1516, P2135 when scanned on my 2007 chevy equinox. Randomly loosing engine power due to sta