Q: Car shut off when oil light came on, won't restart. What could it be?

I was driving yesterday, and the oil light came on. The car has had a leaking problem. So when the light came on the car died. It will not restart. I've already checked the timing belt, spark plugs, cables, distributor, it gets fuel as well cause I flooded it a little yesterday trying to restart. What else could it be?

Hello, What you are describing may be related to a safety switch that automatically causes the ECM to shut down the ignition to the engine when the oil pressure sensor reaches a certain level. This is the computer’s way of preventing further damage to the motor when the oil level is dangerously low. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. Car shut off when oil light came on, won't restart. What could it be?