Q: Knocking noise from engine and oil seems to be full? Loud and constant what could it be?

My engine started knocking last night at big speeds it was not loud but when sitting or parked it became loud again. The oil dipstick displayed full it was checked before the car was turned on. What can this be and could it be expensive to fix?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Engine knock can be caused by several different issues. Even with the oil full, if it is not being sent to the places in the engine that need it. Low oil pressure can be caused by a clogged line, a bad pump, or a clogged filter. The low oil pressure would rob the engine of the oil it needs and produce a knocking sound. The oil pressure can be tested with a gauge. If the issue is mechanical, it may be a piston or valve issue. There are engine timing components that will knock and cause issues when they are misaligned or have failed. Further testing must be done. For more help with resolving the noise, contact our service department.

3. Knocking noise from engine and oil seems to be full? Loud and constant what could it be?