Q: Air conditioner pump making noise and no cold air. No power coming to pump in 2011 Nissan Rogue

air conditioner pump started making noise and cold air stopped. mechanic said no power to pump and was low on refrigerant. Stated i had to take to nissan dealer because he couln't read nissan computer.dealer wants 1500.00 so thought i'd ask your opinion on problem.

A: Hey there, thank you for asking about your ...

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 2011 Nissan Rogue. When the compressor pump starts to make noise, combined with not blowing cool air, there are many possible problems. It is quite possible that the compressor itself has frozen. It is also possible that being low on refrigerant could be related to not blowing cold air. I would suggest having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose why your AC won't blow cold air.