Q: Just got both o2 sensors on my car changed but when I went to autozone the same code keep popping up. What should I do?

I replaced both o2 sensors on my 3.8 engine and the code still pops up what should I do ? What could be the problem ? Those are the only codes that pop up & I need to pass my admission text in a few days .

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

OBD-II trouble codes, including all codes that refer to oxygen sensors, do not constitute a diagnostic or identification of specific failed parts. Consequently, you cannot use the codes as the sole basis to replace vehicle parts. Codes are clues only. To determine if the oxygen sensor is actually the cause of a code setting, versus a situation where perhaps the circuit (the vehicle wiring) to or from the sensor is the actual fault, the output of the sensor MUST be tested using an appropriate automotive scanner or diagnostic tool such as an oscilloscope. If that required diagnostic was not performed, the sensor that was replaced might have been perfectly good, while the actual root cause of the fault exists elsewhere in the circuit and possibly in a wholly unrelated vehicle system. No vehicle part should ever be replaced just because the part is referred to, listed, or mentioned in a code. In your circumstance, to get the code that was stored, and that is causing the check engine light to remain on, investigated and resolved, the recommended service is a Check Engine Light diagnostic. If you request that service, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic will download the trouble code (to confirm it, but also to obtain the accompanying freeze frame data that is stored in the vehicle computer) and then test the relevant individual vehicle components and systems to pinpoint the cause of the fault. Once the EXACT cause of the fault is pinpointed, the mechanic will let you know what, if any, parts must be replaced, why, and at what cost. If you request the Check Engine Light diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved promptly, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Just got both o2 sensors on my car changed but when I went to autozone the same code keep popping up. What should I do?