Q: Driver’s seat is loose now, feels unsafe

Not really sure how I managed it, but I broke the welds holding the driver’s seat to the floor of my 2010 Mazda3 by just driving forward. The car is a manual, and I wasn’t extremely patient with the clutch but that is still no reason for this to happen. I am a normal weight and height, this is very dangerous. If this happened on the highway I could have crashed! Is this going to be a huge repair or is it relatively easy?

Hello, a seat that comes loose can be dangerous. Mazda is aware of seat adjuster concerns and has issued a technical service bulletin (TSB 09-049/10) for rattle noise from the bottom of the driver’s seat. The cause of the rattle can be from the welding of the slide adjuster and/or the push nut being loose. The repair is to replace the sub slide unit or replace the push nuts to eliminate a noise.

3. Driver’s seat is loose now, feels unsafe