Q: Hood not closing properly

The hood was not closed properly, and flew up while driving. I had the battery replaced, and it now looks like it has been pushed back a half-an-inch and is hitting the frame of the hood when I try to open the actual hood gate.

A: If the hood opened while driving, it is mos...

If the hood opened while driving, it is most likely that the hood hinges have been damaged, or misaligned at the very least. The hood itself may have some structural damage. You may want to have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the hood, the hood hinges, and latching mechanism, as a hood coming open while driving is a serious safety hazard that can cause injury, or death, to yourself, or others.