Q: Black smoke on my bumper from exhaust 03 cavalier?

asked by on February 23, 2017

Black smoke on bumper from tailpipe. Is my engine bad?

Fuel Injector Replacement $383.27 - $3870.61 Get a Quote
Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $173.36 - $767.03 Get a Quote
Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement $111.81 - $960.90 Get a Quote

Black smoke coming from the exhaust is usually an indication of a rich fuel condition. When this happens, this can be the result of many things such as faulty fuel injectors, a failing mass air flow sensor or a faulty fuel pressure regulator allowing too much fuel to be supplied to the combustion chamber to be burnt. When this happens the result is an excess amount of unburnt fuel being passed through the exhaust coming out in the form of black smoke. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your fuel system.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr