Q: Car has loss of power when accelerating.

I noticed it on the freeway one day.I was doing about 50 and stepped on the gas to pass someone and it was hardly speeding up.after a couple weeks i started noticing it got worse .starting at a green light it would slowly climb speeds.almost like the transmission is slipping but I'm pretty certain its not the transmission .it shift fine and very smooth all the time.this acceleration problem almost seemed to happen over night .

Loss of power on acceleration can be due to plugged fuel injectors, faulty oxygen sensors, fuel pump and/or filter, vacuum leaks including that caused by a faulty EGR system, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if the timing belt or chain is worn or skipped, blocked exhaust (e.g., catalytic converter fails or become clogged), a faulty airflow sensor or throttle position sensor, and so forth. To pinpoint the exact case will require an engine loss of power diagnostic. If you request that diagnostic, the certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Car has loss of power when accelerating.