Q: Car noise while accelerating.

Car "growls" when accelerating past 40mph. Growl slowly resides as car slows down. OK transmission fluid, no slippage or ping noises. Car quiet (normal) in idle and at slow speeds. Compression good, no performance issues except excessive noise. Do not think it is exhaust related but could be. Thanks. PL

Without hearing the noise you may have a problem in the transaxle or axles and bearings. I recommend having a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to test and drive the vehicle to diagnose the problem for you.

3. Car noise while accelerating.