Q: GY6 Honda scooter engine, spray starter fluid in carb & crank for 5+ min. to start cold. Warm start fine. Elect. start checks OK.

asked by on November 08, 2017

GY6 Honda scooter engine. Have to spray starter fluid in carb & crank for 5+ min. to start cold. Warm starts after that are fine with electric starter. Electric choke tests out OK. After warm up, put air filter on and You have to raise the idle. Carbs been soaked and cleaned as has the air filter.

Hi Rob. Thanks for reaching out today. Unfortunately, we do not handle mechanical services or provide technical advice for motorcycle or scooters - only cars, trucks and SUV’s that are sold in The United States. You might want to research online or contact a local motorcycle mechanic to get some good suggestions.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr