Q: Will the P0597 code cause the car to fail emissions inspection in North Carolina?

will the p0597 code cause the car to fail emissions inspection in North Carolina?

Hi there. The code P0597 is for the thermostat heater control circuit. This means that the thermostat is electronically controlled in your vehicle. To see why this code is on, check the following:

• A loose or corroded connector on the thermostat
  • A coolant leak in the cooling system - make sure that all connections are tight
  • The thermostat could have failed - stuck open or partially open
  • There could be a short in the wiring harness between the computer and thermostat
  • The ECM (computer) has failed - Only in the event that all areas have been check and are all functional

Once the engine light is off and the engine is running correctly, you would be able to retest your vehicle at the emissions in your state. If you need further assistance with your check engine light on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Will the P0597 code cause the car to fail emissions inspection in North Carolina?