Q: Stuck while shifting from second gear to third gear at high RPMs

I have a Corvette ZR1 with potential clutch problems. When I shift at high RPMs, from second gear to third gear, it gets stuck occasionally. I am not sure if it is the clutch problem or any other issue. What do you recommend?

A: Chevrolet has a TSB out about a failure wit...

Chevrolet has a TSB out about a failure with the pressure plate causing hard shifts. The first thing to check is the clutch pedal level when the clutch is being operated if the pedal goes close to or is touching the floor during clutch disengagement this would indicate that the pressure plate would need to be replaced.

Other possibilities could be issues in the clutch master cylinder or actuator cylinder. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to access the clutch pedal travel and check the clutch hydraulic system in order to diagnose your gear shifting issue.