Q: 4 wheel drive will not engage 2010 Ford F150 4WD

As I put my truck into 4 wheel High it says 4x4 shift in progress then it says shift delay and then I have a sensor that comes on that says check 4x4 and front-wheel will never go into engagements why is this

Hello - it sounds like the 4WD-High actuator is not successfully engaging High-range as expected. There are many possible causes, bad servo actuator, transfer gear mis-alignment, transfer shift fork wear. For assistance, I would recommend transfer case inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. 4 wheel drive will not engage 2010 Ford F150 4WD