Q: 2004 Nissan Murano CVT transmission problems

When driving the car seems to be slipping gears repeatedly and will barely go over 10mph. When doing this i get a jerking feeling. Now the check engine light has come on and the rpm is jumping between the 1 and 2 while in park.

Your Nissan uses what is called a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Instead of using one or more planetary gear sets like a traditional transmission, a CVT uses pulleys and steel belts to provide an infinite number of "gear ratios". Unfortunately, Nissan CVT transmissions are well known for being problematic. It sounds like you have an internal CVT problem and your vehicle is stuck in "limp mode". Nissan does not recommend repairing the CVT, only replacing it. Before jumping to conclusions, however, I recommend having your vehicle inspected firsthand by a professional, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. 2004 Nissan Murano CVT transmission problems