Q: Front passenger side knocking sound while on driving pressing the gas. Could be on wheel or belt bearing. Goes when gas is pressed

asked by on April 30, 2017

The knocking sound only goes while pressing the gas while driving. In neutral or park it does not come out. Sounds like on the wheel but I may be wrong.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It’s possible that it could be an axle or bearing, but it could be an engine noise, too, that is only apparent when the engine is under load driving the wheels (revving the engine in park does not load the engine). In extreme cases, it might be a loose motor mount that causes axle misalignment and that can cause noise. The noise you are describing sounds quite marked and so a quick, efficient way to resolve this is to request a vehicle noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.