Q: Trunk door won't stay open

The trunk door won't stay open and closes quickly. Could it be a problem with springs?

The trunk, also known as the rear hatch on your Honda Odyssey, is a pretty heavy piece that requires two parts known as struts to hold open. What you are experiencing is likely one or both of the rear hatch struts have become weak and are now needing to be replaced. This is completely normal wear and tear over time. Replacing the struts on your Honda Odyssey is actually a pretty simple repair that you can complete with a friend, a small flat blade screwdriver and two new hood struts. Of course if you don’t feel comfortable performing this repair, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of a certified mechanic who can be sure your hood struts are replaced correctly.

3. Trunk door won't stay open