Driver's side seat is stuck and power switch is not worki...

Q: Driver's side seat is stuck and power switch is not working

asked by on May 27, 2016

The power switch in my car that positions the driver's seat is not working. It will raise the seat up and down, and will tilt it in both directions, but nothing happens when you try to move it forward or backward. Right now it's stuck in the fully forward position, making it difficult to drive with a safe distance from the steering wheel. What can I do about this?

The power seat has three motors to control the three different motions. The switch is a multiple position switch that will control the motor direction. Your vehicle most likely has a defective switch but it would need to be tested, to see if the motor that has burned out or not, since the fore and aft motor is used the most out of the three motors. If you need help getting these motors checked out, reach out to a certified mechanic who can diagnose and fix your seats.