Q: Do you have to lift the engine to change to oil pan

asked by on August 26, 2016

Do you have to lift the engine up in the Ford 500/2005 car to change the oil pan.

Hi, thanks for writing in about your Ford 500. The short answer is no. You’ll have to remove the catalyst, bracket, and then the transmission’s lower inspection cover. Once that’s done, remove the oil filter adaptor to the oil pan bolt and remove the bolts from the oil pan itself to remove the pan completely. If you need some help with this job, consider YourMechanic, as one of our certified technicians can come to your home to replace your oil pan.