Q: How much does it cost to replace the lug nut stud on a 2006 Honda Pilot EXL

How much does it cost to replace the lug nut on a 2006 Honda Pilot

The cost depends on whether it is in the rear or the front and also on whether there is space behind the wheel hub to push out the stud and draw in a new one. If the wheel hub does not have to be removed from the vehicle (due to no space) the cost is minimal, amounting to the cost of a mobile service call (the stud itself is around $2). On your vehicle, though, if the stud is in the front, the wheel hub probably has to be removed from within the wheel bearing to replace a stud and to do that the steering knuckle has to be removed from the car. Unfortunately, the technology is such that once you press that hub out of the bearing (the bearing is retained in the knuckle; the hub must be pressed out), the races of the bearing get indented by the ball bearings and if you put that now damaged bearing back in service, you will get noise and eventual bearing failure. So, as a practical matter, to replace that $2 stud, you are essentially looking at the cost of wheel bearing replacement. Also, if you do have to remove the knuckle and have the hub out, ALL of the studs should be replaced because the only reason studs break, or are damaged, is if they are over tightened. Not likely that just that one was over tightened. At a part cost of $2 per stud, better to replace all than to put it all back together and have the next one break. As a practical matter, if you schedule wheel bearing replacement - wheel studs the responding certified mechanic will FIRST check to see if the stud(s) can be replaced without the disassembly that I have described. If not, and if you still desire replacement of the stud(s), the mechanic will remove the hub in the general procedure that I have indicated. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you .

3. How much does it cost to replace the lug nut stud on a 2006 Honda Pilot EXL