Q: RPM problems

My throttle is always stuck at around 1500 and never drops I had the throttle body cleaned and it's never ran right after that. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi, thanks for writing in. This may be related to couple of things such as a vacuum leak or potentially an improperly adjusted throttle plate screw. When a vacuum leak is present in an engine, it can cause an imbalance in the air/fuel mixture which can cause the engine to race or surge at a higher RPM than normal due to the excess air flow. The same effect is also similarly true when the throttle plate is incorrectly adjusted. This is a plate inside the throttle body that remains slightly open to let just the right amount of air in at idle to maintain the proper air/fuel mixture. When this is incorrectly adjusted allowing too much air in, this will also cause an imbalance in air/fuel mixture, again causing the motor to race or surge at a higher RPM. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and correct your high idle issue.

3. RPM problems