Q: 2010 Mazda 3 start issues

The car will crank but takes a while to start. Sometimes it will start, sputter then die. Once started it runs great without issues. No check engine lights are on. Also, once we get it started the first time, if we turn it off and back on it'll start right back up without issue. My assumption at the moment is tune up or fuel pump from my knowledge and prior reading. Any thoughts?

There are many causes of hard starting but illustrative ones are a faulty engine coolant temperature switch (sensor), malfunctioning idle air control (IAC) valve, vacuum and EGR leaks, inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors), and contaminated or old gasoline. If you can start the vehicle readily when cold by holding the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking, suspect an air induction fault such as a stuck IAC valve. To resolve the issue that you are writing in about, please request a hard start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2010 Mazda 3 start issues