Blower motor works sometimes v8-4.6l fans 2000 lincoln to...

Q: Blower motor works sometimes

asked by on May 20, 2016

I'm having trouble with the AC blower motor going on/off. My car shop can't find the problem. Can you tell me what to tell them in order to get this fixed?

Your car has an automatic temperature control system and it sends signals out to the blower controller in the evaporator housing in the engine compartment. The blower controller is the most common failure along with the blower motor. The blower motor draws too many amps and causes the controller to turn off and on. This burns out the controller and it will need to be replaced with the new blower motor.