Q: Replace wheel bearins for $500 or buy new car?

2008 Ford Edge limited has 208,000 miles. Replaced tires in March, 2016. Currently needs wheel bearing replaced have been given estimate of $500 to do job. Should I put more $ into this car or is it time to buy new car?

Hello. In my opinion, I do not think that a bearing failure would constitute replacing a vehicle. Bearings are a common wear item that needs to be replaced every now and then. If the vehicle is still in good shape, I would repair it and not trade it in. If the vehicle is falling apart and is not well taken care of, then you may want to get rid of it. If you want to have the bearings replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to perform this service.