Q: Car won't start. Tries to turn over and the dies immediately

On 2003 Nissan Maxima I replaced both cam sensors and crankshaft sensor with oem parts. Car started right up and idled fine for five minutes and I then took car for a drive and it started dying. It would restart and fire and drive enough to get home, but now at home it tries to start but just putters out.

Hi There, A few different things will usually cause the car to start and then die. A bad ignition coil can cause this if it is beginning to fail, resulting in intermittent starting problems. A dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, may also cause this kind of reaction. The mass air flow sensor is a unit that measures the volume of air entering the motor and relays this information to the computer in order to cause the computer to make the proper air/fuel adjustments. A bad fuel pump or fuel pump relay may also cause this kind of starting issue as a result of the engine starving for fuel. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle to determine the proper solution to this.

3. Car won't start. Tries to turn over and the dies immediately