Q: My wife's oil cap blew off and oil got all over the engine. Car has no power. When I hook up jumper cables it will rev up but wo

asked by on February 02, 2017

My wife's oil cap blew off and oil got all over the engine. Car has no power. When I hook up jumper cables it will rev up but won't start. Thanks

Hi there. This symptom can be cause by a plugged PCV system, or more likely severe blow-by, where combustion gasses blow the oil out of the crankcase and up to the valve covers. This could be cause by broken rings on the pistons or severe wear in the engine. If you need further assistance with your oil in the engine compartment, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.