Q: Jerking reaction when accelerating

while i am driving, my car will jerk and lose power on all my gauges, but my car does not stall. I have taken my foot off the gas and done nothing and the car gauges will come back to normal and i will continue to drive. Sometime i will give it a little gas and the gauges will go back to normal and i will continue to drive. for the last past three days it only happened once each day usually in the morning. But today 01/23/2017 it happened at least seven times. It happened while i was driving and it also happened while i was slowing down to make a turn. Please help.

Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote

What you are describing sounds like a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. This sensor relays vital information to the ECM which uses this to make adjustments to fuel supply to the motor. A dirty or faulty sensor can cause an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.