04 explorer when i push gas pedal makes weird thump thump...

Q: 04 explorer when i push gas pedal makes weird thump thump sound when i go 40 or above mph

asked by on November 10, 2017

I have a 04 explorer and when i go past 40 mph i push the gas pedal and it makes a weird thumping noise

Also when i turn my steering wheel creaks any idea what these problems are ?

Thumps and clunks can be hard to diagnose from a desk. Particularly in a car with that many miles where anything could be wrong. It may be that you have a motor or transmission mount that is going bad. or any number of things down the driveline. You can have this thing checked out at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your thumping noise and let you know what it is and what it could take to fix it.