Q: Why does my steering wheel make a growling noise when it's turned?

Have growling noise in steering wheel when turning steering wheel

Hi there. Assuming the growling noise in your steering wheel is inside the vehicle, this would lead me to believe there is a problem with steering shaft bearings. It is rare for these bearings to fail. It could also be a bad steering coupler. If the growling noise appears to come from under the hood it could be air in the power steering fluid, caused by a low power steering fluid level. I recommend your vehicle’s growling steering wheel be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.