Q: Why does my steering wheel make a growling noise when it's turned?

Have growling noise in steering wheel when turning steering wheel

A: Hi there. Assuming the growling noise in yo...

Hi there. Assuming the growling noise in your steering wheel is inside the vehicle, this would lead me to believe there is a problem with steering shaft bearings. It is rare for these bearings to fail. It could also be a bad steering coupler. If the growling noise appears to come from under the hood it could be air in the power steering fluid, caused by a low power steering fluid level. I recommend your vehicle’s growling steering wheel be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.