Q: No start when hot but starts perfect when cold/cooled off for 20+ minutes.

asked by on December 30, 2016

After being run when I park the truck drips a little bit of oil but stops once cooled. Everything I look up talks about the hpop. The truck will fire right up when cooled down but when I drive it, it will run great but the second it's killed it won't start at all. Which leads me to thinking could it be a leak in the hpop that causes the oil dripping on the ground? Or would the leak be internally?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the Internal Control Pressure Sensor (ICP) and see if its not working properly. If the ICP is working fine, then it is possible that the inner lining in the fuel tank may have come apart and has clogged up the fuel pump and fuel injectors. Remove the inline fuel filter and put a new one on with half fuel and half ATF. This will help clean the injection pump and the fuel injectors. If you are still having the same issue, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnoses your engine stalling issue.