Q: Car won't start after repairs

After having the lower intake manifold replaced, my car will turn over and almost start, but won't.

Hi there. The issue you are having is a symptom of an intake manifold leak. If the manifold is leaking the vehicle’s computer will be unable to compensate for the big change in air flow that the leak creates, resulting in the computer shutting the engine off. I strongly recommend having a well trained technician smoke test the intake manifold to expose any manifold leaks that may be present. The intake manifold gaskets require replacement each time the intake manifold is removed. The gaskets also must installed very carefully and cautiously or a leak may occur.

3. Car won't start after repairs