Q: Hard turning steering wheel

I was parking my car downtown the other day and having the hardest time. It took me about 5 tries do parallel parking because my steering wheel was so hard to turn. I added power steering fluid and a new belt but it’s still really hard to turn. Do you know how I can fix my steering wheel so it turns easier?

Hello. It sounds like the power steering pump has gone bad, causing the car to be hard to steer. There also could be a problem with the rack and pinion. The rack and pinion is what moves the wheels from side to side when turning, and is a part of the power steering system. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection of your steering system.

3. Hard turning steering wheel