Q: Hard turning steering wheel

I was parking my car downtown the other day and having the hardest time. It took me about 5 tries do parallel parking because my steering wheel was so hard to turn. I added power steering fluid and a new belt but it’s still really hard to turn. Do you know how I can fix my steering wheel so it turns easier?

A: Hello. It sounds like the power steering pu...

Hello. It sounds like the power steering pump has gone bad, causing the car to be hard to steer. There also could be a problem with the rack and pinion. The rack and pinion is what moves the wheels from side to side when turning, and is a part of the power steering system. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and complete an inspection of your steering system.