Q: Lights and gauges quit working, buzzing noise

Several electrical components stopped working in my car. In addition to this, I've noticed a buzzing noise inside of the vehicle. Lights started malfunctioning. I no longer have the brake lights, park light and gauges. What should I do?

Hey there, I would start by testing the fuses. This is a common problem on this generation of Mercedes diesels. There is an OVP relay that sits behind the battery which are also a known source of problems. I would check this wiring as well as any of the relays related to the lighting. If you need help with this, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the electrical wiring system and let you know what needs repair.

3. Lights and gauges quit working, buzzing noise