Q: Lights and gauges quit working, buzzing noise

asked by on August 30, 2016

Several electrical components stopped working in my car. In addition to this, I've noticed a buzzing noise inside of the vehicle. Lights started malfunctioning. I no longer have the brake lights, park light and gauges. What should I do?

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there, I would start by testing the fuses. This is a common problem on this generation of Mercedes diesels. There is an OVP relay that sits behind the battery which are also a known source of problems. I would check this wiring as well as any of the relays related to the lighting. If you need help with this, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the electrical wiring system and let you know what needs repair.