Q: Low oil pressure - 2002 Chevrolet Avalanche

I changed the oil pressure sensor but no changes at all & I also gave it a oil change and no difference .. I just want to know what's another possible reason for this ?? Like more than one possible reason.. thank you

A: Hi there. If you are having a low oil press...

Hi there. If you are having a low oil pressure on the gauge, put a mechanical gauge on the engine and check for oil pressure. If the oil pressure is 40 psi or higher, then the engine is fine and the oil pressure gauge has failed. If the oil pressure is low, then either the oil pump has a restriction or is worn. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with your low oil pressure problem.