Q: The emergency brake light on the dashboard wont turn off

asked by on December 24, 2016

i have tried removing the battery, brake fuild is not the problem and checked the lever but nothing seems to work what else should i do

The parking brake and fluid level is the only input to turn on the light but this system uses additional inputs from the ABS and traction control to input to microprocessor circuits that can turn on the indicator in the dash. You will need to have a computer data system checked to see if one or more systems are causing the light to come on. Scan the computer system should produce codes to the brake light.