Q: Upon locking the door and exiting the car. The alarm started screaming and I cant turn it off. What can I do?

asked by on October 19, 2016

Cannot turn alarm on key off.

Hi there. It sounds like the "panic" function of the key fob is stuck. Remove the key battery and inspect the function of the panic button. If it is not operating correctly, then replace the key fob case if available separately. If the button is operating correctly, then there may be a fault in the fob’s circuitry or in the vehicles anti-theft system. If you need help with this, YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an electrical component inspection and provide an estimate and direction of repair.