Q: Serpentine belt broke. Dealer is telling me it can wrap around crank and get into engine.What are the odds of that happening?

Serpentine belt broke on my 2009 bmw.Dealer said it could work into the engine.What are the odds of that happening. Dealer got me scared to death?

A: There is a possibility the belt can wrap ar...

There is a possibility the belt can wrap around pulleys and the crank. I have seen pieces of belt get behind pulleys and a/c compressor clutches or crankshaft pulleys. If the mechanic inspects the old broken belt they can see if pieces are missing and make sure they did not get behind the pulleys.