Q: 94 Taurus starter issue

I have a 94 Taurus that I had the starter tested it was bad. I put a new starter in and I went to crank it did nothing. Then i tried again in a bit and it started clicking really bad and smoking. Why?

A: Hi there: The clicking sound accompanied b...

Hi there:

The clicking sound accompanied by white smoke is a common sign of a failed starter solenoid. The starter solenoid is located on the starter and has internal electrical contacts that transmit electricity to the starter. When this fails, it may cause a clicking sound and will not allow the starter to engage the flywheel when you turn the key. It can also cause smoke due to overheating on the solenoid through continuous operation. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete a car is hard to start inspection so they can pinpoint the exact reason why you’re having this issue.